Wednesday, June 5, 2013

NemFX's art blog

I hate new Star Trek

Putting this on here cause too many people on my Facebook are still jerking off to the new Star Trek movies..

Less than two minutes into a documentary about the new Star Trek movies and I hate the guy talking. I think it was J.J. Abrams, but I’m not sure. Doesn’t matter.

“Well we wanted to take Star Trek and make it relevant for today..”

Fucking emptyheaded cumdumpster.

Star Trek IS and always WAS relevant. It had so many messages that it’s impossible for it NOT to be relevant. It was a show about showing equality. Not just between men and women, but between humans and other species. There were characters who were physically infirm, but they were treated like anyone else (well except Geordi’s love life, but that’s not really the point) There was (eventually) equality between humans and entirely synthetic life forms (one episode had a trial where some dipshit scientist wanted to class Data as property, and the trial gave him the same rights as everyone else)

THERE ARE LITERALLY A FEW THOUSAND MORE EXAMPLES BUT THESE COVERED MOST OF THE BASICS.

So far the only two things the new Star Trek movies have established are:

1. In the future, we will need sunglasses because everything is lens flares.

2. The first movie managed to beat Star Trek the motion picture for having the worst explained plot in a Star Trek movie ever.*

*In ST:TMP, the Voyager 4 probe (spoiler) comes back to Earth looking for it’s creator. Somehow going from a breadbox with legs to some giant nebula/spaceship thing. It also takes over a hot bald chick.

In STAR TREK (aka new movie version) there’s a guy called Nero, who’s planet gets sucked into a black hole or something, so he tries to get revenge on Spock, because apparently it was Spock’s doing or some shit, and it turns out to be a shitty A/U where REAL Spock ends up getting sucked into their crappy universe. Or some shit. I dunno, I tried looking it up, and that’s what I got from it. Basically there was even less plot than the one written back in the late sixties.

I also hate the way tumblr lets you update now. I’m sure someone’s written a better rant on that than I.

Ep0053. Dramatic cliffhanger. This took all damned day and...



Ep0053. Dramatic cliffhanger.

This took all damned day and night. I hope it shows.

The first of a story arc. I'm gonna tell this part of the...



The first of a story arc. I'm gonna tell this part of the comic in two or three blocks, to make it seem like time is passing inbetween them. Webcomics move at the speed of PLOT as opposed to the speed of TIME,  so in actuality, I have no idea how much time would actually pass between them, but by breaking it up a bit, it at least feels like time has passed.

Also, despite my art being cute, Eternal Flame is usually pretty serious and depressing when I'm not making lame jokes.

I haven't updated my tumblr in forever. Seems like...



I haven't updated my tumblr in forever. Seems like everyone moved on to the next big thing again. This is one of my characters living rooms. I think it's probably my best scenery drawn to date, so I wanted to share it.

Ep0081: DWB2 This comic. This fucking comic. Don't get me...



Ep0081: DWB2

This comic.

This fucking comic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the end result (someday I'll go back and colour these two)

But this took me days. This is actually something like 20 layers, and about six different drawings to make this one page.

Ep0080: DWB1. This is the first of a two part comic I really...



Ep0080: DWB1.

This is the first of a two part comic I really liked. I wrote this ages ago, but I could never get the art to look right (mostly in the second page) but I think that this is more representative of my comic than the stuff I uploaded earlier. The introduction of the comic is Nem just doing a sort of summary of his life, not being terribly specific, but when I eventually tell the whole backstory, it won't be a prequel.

These two comics (0080 and 0081) refer to a show I loved as a kid, and love even more now. Deepwater Black. The show came out around the same time as Deep Space 9 and Voyager, if your a Star Trek fan. The problem was, it was such a low budget show, and it really wasn't promoted. There are only thirteen episodes. BUT. It was a great show. Realistic sci fi, realistic solutions, realistic problems. The Earth, and it's colonies on the other planets in the solar system get infested by a plague that starts killing people off in large numbers. Two ships get made on Mars, one of them is the Deepwater. A crew of six (we find out later, clones of) humans wakes up in cryo pods, under attack from an alien invader. The story begins..  Seriously. i love this show, and can't promote it enough. They never released it on dvd for some reason, so I had to get a bootleg off of ebay, and it's literally in my top ten prized possessions. If you loved Star Trek, Firefly, or hey, even Lost In Space, go check it out. I think you'll dig it.

OH! for clarity, thats just the sorta.. prequel part. the actual story takes place when he’s...

OH!

for clarity, thats just the sorta.. prequel part.

the actual story takes place when he’s an adult. it’s really more of a gaming/parody sort of comic. maybe i should put up more so that it’s less ambiguous? :?

Ep0005: Breaking and entering .. So I don't make everyone...



Ep0005: Breaking and entering

.. So I don't make everyone sick of me uploading these, I'm only uploading five. Let me know what you all think. If you like it, I'll upload more. I've done about.. 45 or so since November.

Ep0004: We crash when we race



Ep0004: We crash when we race

Ep0003: And I ran so far away



Ep0003: And I ran so far away

Ep0002: Hey look, an elf!



Ep0002: Hey look, an elf!

Ep0001: the little things



Ep0001: the little things

question

would people like to see my webcomic on here too? i post it to its official site, and to my deviantart, i dont wanna just like.. hog up everyone’s dashboards and all that, but if people would be interested i could post them? the comics are about half the size of a standard piece of paper each. i was thinking of trying to get them released in book form someday, so i think thats about the size of normal graphic novels?

since tumblr’s reply thing is screwy, likes count as yes’s for wanting to see the comic

bluh

sorry my tumblr’s been so quiet. most of the people i used to talk with when i first got this thing have stopped uploading, or stopped talking to me, so it feels like nobody’s ever around anymore.

i lost a friend on facebook today. she’s pregnant and i tried to compliment her, she flipped out at me so.. yeah. frustrating.

ive been working on my webcomic alot, but not getting many pages done. november was great for doing comics, but lately things are just frustrating me alot, so i havent been getting much finished. yesterday i was actually happy cause i drew a door frame. literally just a door frame. i traced two magic cards to make it. and i was actually HAPPY with that. fucking hell, i used to spend ten+ hours drawing on a single page, now im happy i can do tracing around objects.

also i broke my toe on wendsday. so ive barely been able to leave the house. another frustration.

heh. i just came up with a great homestuck (horrible) pun. i must draw this later.

heh. i just came up with a great homestuck (horrible) pun.

i must draw this later.

merry christmas to all, and to all theres a doctor who special tomorrow so go the fuck to sleep and...

merry christmas to all, and to all

theres a doctor who special tomorrow so go the fuck to sleep and watch it with me when you wake up.

also there will be presents.

i havent updated my tumblr in forever. this is a page from my...



i havent updated my tumblr in forever. this is a page from my webcomic im currently working on. the scribbley mess is the part im trying to plan still. im a little worried im trying to cram too much into that last panel.. might be worth it though.

octosmagiccastle: lunahorizon: inb4ing the completely and...



octosmagiccastle:

lunahorizon:

inb4ing the completely and irrevocably canon breakup reaction of dirk strider

Sorry, Eric. This is my new Dirk voice.

======

I think more love songs need to be yelled off key. I wish they'd kept to just the song, and not done the little rambling though.

stronglikeseamus: D —> It is like a towelD —> But for my entirety

stronglikeseamus:

D —> It is like a towel
D —> But for my entirety

luxio: > Enter name. Your name is KE$HA. You have just woken...







luxio:

> Enter name.

Your name is KE$HA. You have just woken up feeling like P. DIDDY. You also feel like you have a HANGOVER, but that's pretty much normal. What isn't normal is that you apparently slept in a ROGUE BATHTUB. At least, you're pretty sure you never had a bathtub situated at the top of your stairs. You have absolutely no memory of last night, but you're going to guess it was RAW AS HELL.

> Ke$ha: Go outside.

You step outside into a marsh of WHISKEY. Is this heaven? Actually, it's the Land of Whiskey and Glitter. But you already knew that. You've been playing this game for quite awhile, although you've been WASTED OFF YOUR ASS for most of it.

> Ke$ha: Get inside your fucking Gold Trans Am.

Wam, bam, thank you ma'am. You probably shouldn't be driving in your present state, but you may as well make the most of the day like you're gonna die young.

No comments:

Post a Comment